Xanthina Trading (Pty) Ltd t/a PackMan of 8 Cam Crescent, Robertville, Florida, 1709 (“We”/”Us”/Our”) respect your personal privacy.
We take our obligations for the processing of personal information very seriously and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
The “responsible party”, as referred to in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) is Xanthina Trading (Pty) Ltd t/a PackMan. Costas Panagides has been appointed as our information officer.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, www.packman.za.com. This includes information provided at the time of completing our “Contact us” page. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
IP Addresses And Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertising agents, advertisers and business partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie file” which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. “Cookies” refers to information that is sent from our website to your hard drive where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on our website. In this way, the next time you use our website, we will know who you are and that you have visited our website before. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Personal Information Held By Or Disclosed By You To A Third Party
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data we collect from you and that we transfer to a third party outside of the Republic of South Africa will only be to a third party who is subject to a law, binding corporate rules (as defined in POPI) or binding agreement (as defined in POPI) which provides an adequate level of protection that:
- Is in accordance with this policy
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If PackMan or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of PackMan, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at PackMan.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third party networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary. We undertake to regularly review the personal data we hold and to delete your personal information which we no longer require. We will keep your personal information for only so long as we need it in order to:
- to honour your choices;
- to fulfil the purposes described in this document; or
- as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
Access To Information
You can correct factual errors, review and/or update information held about you at any time by contacting us at the following email address: email@example.com
Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
P O Box 826, Florida Hills, 1716
Tel: +27 11 472 9541 / 43
Fax: +27 86 695 2554
The Copyright Act, 1978, governs the making or printing of copies or other reproductions of the content of our Website. No part of our Website nor any content contained on our Website may be copied or reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Packman. All rights are reserved.